Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Overwhelming Amount of Emotions

So last night I knew I was overwhelmed with emotions and changes that were occurring. However, I didn't make time to blog like I should have when things get like this. Here is a rundown of my day.

Wake up early watch the news and drink coffee. I have found this really helps start my day right. Not rushed, and just enjoying the moment of drinking coffee and just being. I don't have many times throughout my day to just be and enjoy, so I try to start my day like this everyday.

I got showered and ready for school and was in the computer lab at 9am to work on my "special" homework for stats. Let me tell you there is nothing special about stats homework. I became so frustrated with the homework that I took a break to do other homework. Then I was renewed by a classmate's energy to finish. I completed my homework just before lunch time.

I went to Blimpie's to sit and eat my Almond Butter and Agave Nectar Sandwich on 100% whole wheat bread (just wanted to pain a picture for you). Here I reviewed my clinical assessment we were doing in the afternoon. I get a text from Lindsey saying she was picking me up to head to the elementary. We review once we get there.

I am at the elementary and feel amazing. I am so happy with where I am at, so happy that I am overwhelmed. I loved working with our 4th grader testing his reflects and protective reactions. He was such a great client because he had no fear and was really willing to participate. You say why would this make you overwhelmed? I feel like finally all the hard work, time, energy, sweat, tears, and stress have finally brought me to the path I was meant to take (Multiple times since I started my program, I have been shown this is where I am supposed to be).

I have had so many supportive people in my life that have helped get me here. I have an amazing family that supports and loves me unconditionally. But I am so blessed. God has given me so many gifts and I am so thankful and overwhelmed that I am this lucky. I am so thankful to be in this position right now, it feels like everything is falling into place. I have no reason to be stressed. I was shown yesterday that I am in the place I should be, and I am so overwhelmed. The journey to get to this point has been rocky, stressful, and sad. I left everything I knew to follow my dreams. I am overwhelmed with gratitude!

When I was lost and could not find my way, You loved me more than ever.

The little stress of stats does not need to weigh down my entire day. I can rise above this stress, and realize the gifts in my life. Every night before bed, I try to make a gratitude list of 5 things that went well in my day. This has really helped put the negative things into perspective and makes me focus on the positive right before bed. Amazing how much this helps. Try it!
This post has been all over the place, but I think I just needed to get it all out. I am so grateful and thankful for everyone in my life, past and present. I am very blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you about how stressful stats was! But its so worth it when something comes along and reminds you why you're doing this!

    ps I've been meaning to try your positive list trick before bed, I will definitely try tonight!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your positive attitude, Davis. You're an inspiration! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete