Sunday, January 10, 2010

Thankful and Blessed

This past weekend, I was in Hanover, IN. See I went to school at Hanover College for my undergrad from 2004-2008. These four years were the best four years for a few reasons. I learned more about myself, I learned about my limitations, and my desire to be challenged, and I developed a lasting friendship with wonderful people.

Meredith, Lauren, Rachel, and I all email to our work accounts during the day. It makes the work day go a little faster, and gives me something to look forward to. I am unable to check my email at work frequently, and when I do, I instantly smile. Although I will say it is a little overwhelming to see 20+ emails in your inbox.

Back in November, we were all missing each other, and decided via email that we would head back to campus to reunite. The coordination and planning begun. Now normally, we don't plan, but we had to make some plans for this trip to work. I called around to find out the room rates for hotels in the area. Luckily, the Campus Center's hotel rooms were the cheapest. We were not only able to head back to the school where our friendships formed, but we were able to stay in the Campus Center hotel room. Cheesy, I know.

So this weekend we accomplished so much in such a little amount of time. The funny this is, however, the stuff we did revolved around eating. We were able to visit Thomas Family Winery, The Red Pepper, Johnnie Reb's (twice), Shipley's, Tiffany's mural, Horst's Bakery Haus, and The Horner Center.

I think the best thing that came from this weekend, was realizing how blessed I truly am. I was writing this blog entry on my way home from Rachel's house in my head. I was thinking about how wonderful my friends are. I am so thankful to have them in my life. They were not only such a big part of the transformation that took place personally while at Hanover, they were and are such a strong support system. I love them, and would do anything for them. Not everyone is as lucky as I am. Not everyone has a good of friends as I do.

So to all my friends out there, who were able to come to Hanover, and who were there in spirit, I love you, and thank you for teaching me, and helping me grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment