Saturday, November 6, 2010

How did I do?

So I have been thinking about my last post all week. It has been that little voice in the back of my head all week. It also helps that two of my classmates and roommate also stopped me and told me they read it. I was very open and honest about everything. It was a little frightening to realize how vulnerable posting this on facebook made me, but I am glad I did. Having my friends come up to me and say they read my post, without passing judgement was extremely helpful. I felt more accountable. As a side note, I am very blessed to have such amazing people in my program.

So how did I do?
Here were my short term goals for the week...
Workout Monday
Check...I only went swimming because I forgot a sports bra, but remembered my swimsuit. So no lifting. I also forgot a hair tie. Two things that could have been excuses, but they weren't. I am really proud that I went swimming Monday. It felt good. I also came home made dinner (which I ate the rest of the week), and then went to the study session.
Study neuro from 11-3
Check...This one sucked. But I got most of my studying done.
Write down my food 3 out of the 7 days
Check...I did Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. This was a tough one. I ate like crap on Friday. I also caved and ate Dr. Lust's cookies. If I project my hatred for the class toward her cookies and treats in the morning maybe this will help in avoiding them.
Floss
DID NOT DO! I told you I hate flossing. I think I might have done this one night. Okay, pause, I am going to go floss right now.

Okay, I seriously just flossed.

I am happy that I was able to achieve my goals from last week, yet I am still upset with my physical appearance. It is so tough being on the other side of things. I have been the personal trainer and heard everything (and I mean everything) I am writing. I stood in front of the mirror and decided I need to keep on this path. It will be slow, I know that. Ask any of my clients. I need to stay motivated and I will lose this weight.

Here are my goals for the next week...
Workout Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Included in one of those workouts is a BOSU workout in my room (sorry roomies)
Write down food 3 out of the 7 days. Log one of the days in thedailyplate.com
Do not eat any sweets from Dr. Lust or my classmates
Floss (I'll keep that one on there)

This is going to be a hard week. I have a research quiz Monday, occupation and movement quiz Tuesday, my methods section due Wednesday, and activity analysis due Friday. I think the biggest challenge will be working out Monday and Tuesday. I already know I will be worried I won't be studying enough and that working out time could be better allocated as studying/working time. I must take time for myself!

I know I can do this! I did a Half Ironman!

No comments:

Post a Comment