Thursday, May 6, 2010

Two Days Away

So it is finally here. All the hard work, and all the hours exercising, and giving up on food, and friends at times to exercise. Looking back it has been a journey. I long journey. I am not going to sit here and say it was easy. It was hard.

Last night I think my nerves finally got the best of me. I was stressing out about how I am going to pack everything, and how I am going to do, and how well the race is going to go. Finally I realized, I have worked this hard, that I just need to complete the race.

Not a lot of other people in my life can say that they have done this much. Now I am not saying that I am better than my friends or family for doing this, but I am just saying, I have put a lot of work into this. I set this goal, motivated by peer pressure, to complete this Half Ironman Triathlon. I put together a plan, and executed the plan. Up to this point, I didn't think much about the emotional impact this goal would make on me. I just thought of this goal, like many of my client's goals. This is goal x, these are the steps you need to take to get to goal x. Yes there are bumps on the road to get to goal x. Yes I hit some of the bumps hard, and even fell off my bike (literally). I did forget the small part about feeling the steps to get to goal x, and feeling the success of achieving goal x.

So over the next two days, as I get ready to complete my goal of a Half Ironman, I need to start feeling more. It is about the journey, not the destination. To tell you the truth, the journey has pushed me beyond where I thought I could go, and taught me more about myself, than any other experience, even college.

I can not wait to cross that finish line and run into the arms of my biggest support group, my family! My mom, dad, sister, and gramma! Not to mention one of my best friends from college! Here goes and wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Congrats on your run, I'm glad I can follow your blog :) Did you get your 500 tickets yet?

    ReplyDelete